Thursday, December 13, 2012

shooting star

God's timing is so perfect. It's crazy how finding constellations in the sky led to us seeing a shooting star. It's so weird how at that moment when James pointed out the big dipper, the Lord blessed us all with a shooting star.
This week I struggled with my flesh, my flesh of wanting human comfort from a guy. I struggled with finding fun and joy in things. But that shooting star reminded me of God's promises, his promises that we can and will deliver us from anything. It also was God's reminder to me of the hope he brings.
Thank God for the new eyes that let me see my brothers for who they truly are: my brothers. Thank God for allowing me to experience laughter and joy with my brothers and sisters the past few days. I cannot express how desperately I needed this time, how lonely and bitter I was towards the EPIC community.
The time I spent tonight with my older sisters was also a blessing. Even though we all did not usually meet with each other, somehow tonight felt right for all of us. I love how we appreciate each other for the little things we do, how we spur and point each other towards God.
Today I was reminded by Shannon not to let Satan steal my joy. I realized how easy it was to let other things get in the way, but the scripture 1 John 5:4 has stuck with me all today:
"For everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith"
After a week of not feeling or seeking his presence, he brought me back to Him through all of this; thank you Jesus, you are good.

No comments:

Post a Comment