Monday, November 26, 2012

Shame? It's okay to ask.

There is no shame in not knowing something, no shame in not being able to do something. Shame stops us from asking questions and taking risks that Jesus wants us to take. We become afraid that we will sound "stupid" or that we will look like failures. Newsflash? We are already failures. But that doesn't matter because of Jesus and the sacrifice He made for us. So why not take that extra step in getting to know Him?

I don't know a lot about the Bible: the verses, the old traditions, all the parables. Sometimes I feel embarrassed because I feel like I need to know these things to be a Christian. Obviously that's not true. This embarrassment drives me to not learn more, to question things and seek the answers. It makes me afraid and want to hide. But would God want us to know more about Him or hide in the shadows and be afraid to ask? Pretty sure the answer is self explanatory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment