Overarching thoughts for this week...
I have no community. Such a strange feeling, because it is the first time in college that I have not really been apart of any one community. I feel lonely, but I feel at peace. I knew that it was where God has placed me, because I feel so much peace. It's the kind of lonely where I only find satisfaction in Jesus. Things have been so good, God has been so good and has shown me so much even though I do not deserve any of it. But there has been a hunger and desire in my heart that nobody else can fill. So I know that only Jesus is supposed to fill that hole.
Lord my soul is hungry, weary, and tired. Please fill it up and don't stop until I learn to be satisfied only through you. That has been the cry of my heart all week. I feel the hurt and the anger and bitterness from the scars of community and brothers and sisters, but I know that you hear me through it all. I know that you will continue to heal me, to take me under your arm and shield me. I feel that and I know that. I have begun to see the depths of your love this week and I will not stop. Please let that be the cry of my heart.
my soul cries out
my soul cries out for you
these bones cry out
these dry bones cry for you
to live and move
only You
can raise the dead
lift my head up
Jesus, You’re the one who saves us
Constantly creates us into something new
Jesus You’re the one who finds us
Surely our Messiah will make all things new
my soul cries out for you
these bones cry out
these dry bones cry for you
to live and move
only You
can raise the dead
lift my head up
Jesus, You’re the one who saves us
Constantly creates us into something new
Jesus You’re the one who finds us
Surely our Messiah will make all things new
No comments:
Post a Comment